Weather Related Closings
Several Ada S. McKinley programs/offices will be closed on Thursday, December 22, 2022 due to the winter storm expected to begin approximately at 11:00 am. We anticipate that all Ada S. McKinley sites will reopen on Tuesday, December 27, 2022, after the Christmas holiday. Please refer to the following information for site closures and program impacts:
- Administrative Office will CLOSE at Noon.
- All School, Educational Services, and Childcare/Head Start Programs will CLOSE at Noon.
- Behavioral/Mental Health Programs will CLOSE at Noon except for the Mobile Crisis Response (SASS), which will be OPEN under the direction of the Program Directors.
- All Community Day Programs will be CLOSED.
- Foster Care Administration will CLOSE at Noon; however, Foster Care Programs may be OPEN, if necessary, under the direction of Program Directors.
- Foster Care Emergency Shelter will be OPEN, operating under the direction of Program Directors.
- ECSS Janitorial Services/ Snow Removal / will be OPEN and operating normally except for the Grissom location – refer to site supervisors for specific instructions.
- Residential Services Programs will be OPEN, operating under the direction of the Program Directors – Shelter in Place Protocols are in effect.
- Wisconsin Base Programs – No Change
- McCrone office will remain open for I-PASS staff pending further information from Illinois Tollway.
Information specific to Ada S. McKinley staff:
- Please note that Ada S. McKinley usually closes or cancels programs whenever Chicago Public Schools (CPS) or the City of Chicago closes its operations due to inclement weather, However, there are occasions when we will supersede or separate from the CPS inclement weather practice. Chicago Public Schools will be operational on Thursday, December 22nd but may close early. For staff working or reporting to a CPS location, please contact your manager for direction.
- COVID-19 protocols for all Ada S. McKinley sites will remain in place.
- For staff traveling to an Ada S. McKinley site, allow extra time to arrive safely and avoid rushing.
- During times of inclement weather, it is important to watch your phone/email for a communication to ensure you take any needed actions. Where possible, remote work through telecommuting shall continue. If you are ever unsure whether there will be program closures, please check here on the Ada S. McKinley website, call the program Center or administrative office, or contact the program supervisor.
Be safe and have a Happy Holiday!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!