As part of the Juneteenth Illinois/Black Culture Week celebration, our CEO Jamal Malone will be joining a virtual panel discussion that goes beyond the immediate impacts of COVID-19 on children and learning and addresses how the global crisis will have lasting impacts on them over the long-term. The conversation will be live streamed on Wednesday, June 16th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Moderated by Karen Jordan of ABC 7 Chicago, the panel will include:
- Dennis Lacewell, Chief Academic Officer, Urban Prep Academies
- Karen Taylor-Crawford, MD, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Alpachino Hogue, 100 Black Men of Chicago
- Darryl Arrington, Assistant Vice President, DePaul University
- Jamal Malone, CEO, Ada S. McKinley
The Juneteenth Illinois/Black Culture Week celebration (June 14-18) is hosted by Commissioner Dennis Deer, leading up to Juneteenth on the 19th. The week-long slate of activities include virtual and in-person events addressing issues important to the Black Community. Visit www.JuneteenthIllinois.com for more details.