A Message from Our CEO
We want to wholeheartedly thank the Ada S. McKinley staff and board of directors during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic for your support in establishing a best-case scenario as we prepared for what has ultimately led to a statewide impact. Your selflessness and diligence have been very much appreciated. Over the last six weeks, we have put a plan in place to ensure continuity of critical services for the people who rely on Ada S. McKinley.
We particularly want to commend our essential staff and first responders who are protecting the well-being of the people we serve. We are continuing our important work in the community, including:
- Our Child Welfare Programs are working to ensure safety and security for our children in foster care.
- Our Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinic and Mobile Crisis Response teams are providing emergency mental health services to deflect situations where people may be homicidal or suicidal. The isolation required during quarantine may escalate existing mental health challenges and can trigger new cases due to current circumstances.
- Our Residential Programs continue to serve people with disabilities, many of whom are also part of the high-risk senior population.
- Our Pre-K Teachers are providing e-learning opportunities to support the continued education of our children while schools are closed.
- Our Facilities Management Program will continue employing people with disabilities who are on the front lines sanitizing and disinfecting federal buildings and military bases, directly fighting the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Our Administrative and Support Staff are providing fundamental support so we can continue to operate as an agency.
I have never been prouder of the Ada S. McKinley family. I am thankfully and prayerfully certain we will remain One Ada strong throughout this unprecedented time. We will continue to monitor the changing conditions day-to-day and keep you updated as needed until Coronavirus (COVID-19) is defeated.
CEO, Ada S. McKinley Community Services, Inc.
Please visit www.cdc.gov for updates by the Centers for Disease Control.